Monday, May 20, 2013

Why Do I love Deadpool

Deadpool is a weird one for me. He's one of my favorite characters from the Marvel universe but I've barely read any of his comics. I know a bit about him, having looked him up on wikipedia a few years back, but I've had almost no comic exposure. Yet I love the character. The whole concept entertains me. Sometimes a lot of his internal dialogue winds up on the page as different voices inside his head, it’s not uncommon to see him carry on conversations with himself, carrying on a three-way chat with the two sides of his brain; Sometimes he’ll note when he’s interacting with a plot device; other times he’ll call out to the comic’s creators. If there’s any single element of Deadpool that makes me love him, I think it’s this.



No comments:

Post a Comment